Sitting on the north west corner of Columbia Square, is the majestic Davenport House. We took advantage of one of the daily tours and were not let down. Our tour guide, Ms. Marty Barnes was entertaining and very knowledgable on this federal style home. Built in 1820 by carpenter Isaiah Davenport for his wife and many children, the home was left to decay in the early twentieth century. Saved by the wrecking ball by the newly founded Historic Savannah Foundation in 1955, it was restored to its original character for all to appreciate. Enjoy!